Monday, May 16, 2011

Fourth Grade - pt 1 Life Lesson Running Towards Love

Entering into the fourth grade I was completely "in love." I had been "going out" with the same girl for most of the third grade and even over the summer! It was destiny. We passed notes in class and hung out during all the recess time. We were inseparable. We even started talking on the phone. I remember calling her and talking on our cordless phone, which was a big deal in those days. Her phone number and mine were really close to each other and I can still remember hers to this day. It's strange, but I think because it was so close to my phone number that's why it stuck all these years.

For this particular blog entry, I want to talk about a specific event that happened on a regular day in the fourth grade. It was seat changing day. It was the day that each kid took their belongings from their desk and lined up in the back of the room to select a new desk. It was one of those days that every fourth grader lived for. It was soon off to the races for our new seats. I remember wanting to make certain I sat next to Annie. I saw her put her stuff down and then boom, right next to her I slammed my belongings down. At nearly the same instance Mindy slammed her books down. It was a tie. Who would sit next to Annie? There was only one way to solve the problem, and it was our teacher, Miss Finch.

What would she decide? Who I be banished to the back row? Would I get to sit next to the love of my life? It was all too much for this fourth grade kid to handle. I was anxious and nervous. All kinds of emotions were running through my body.

She made her decision. I would be able to sit in the seat next to Annie until the next seat changing day! Yay! I am victorious. It was a great feeling being victorious. I could easily pass notes, help with math, and receive help for spelling. Mindy was unhappy, but only for a few days. Soon she was over it, I think. She may still hold a grudge!

I just know that when you are in love, you got yo run to it. Don't run away from it. Don't be scared of it. I don't think I got the concept back in the day, but I get it now. It's strange to look back at the lessons and go wow, I learned that in the fourth grade! There are more lessons from the fourth grade, but those are for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment